Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy for Women
For many women, hormone imbalances or hormonal declines in the body can certainly be an upsetting, traumatic and painful time. Fortunately, research and innovations in medical technology have resulted in approaches of harmonizing the hormone imbalance or declines. Bioidentical Hormone Replacement “BHRT” uses hormones that identical in their molecular structure to the hormones produced naturally within the human body, to help relieve the symptoms and conditions of hormonal imbalances. This natural hormone treatment has had therapeutic results for millions of women suffering from Menopause and Perimenopause.
Chicago Menopause Doctor, Mark Rosenbloom, M.D. uses Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy because it is a safe treatment for women. The hormones in Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy are natural so that the body metabolizes Bioidentical Hormones the way it is suppose to, naturally. The most common reason that women choose to engage in BHRT is for the relief of symptoms related to menopause, perimenopause, and premenstrual syndrome (PMS.) Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy is normally prescribed by a physician after the proper assessment and laboratory tests.
The signs and effects of the menopause transition can begin as early as age 35, although most women become aware of the transition in their mid to late 40s. Normally lasting for several years, its duration varies for every woman, and its course is impossible to predict. During perimenopause, which can last 4-6 years and usually ends after twelve months of amenorrhea, a woman’s menstrual cycle becomes irregular and varied, and fertility becomes diminished.
Menopause is considered to a period in a woman’s life when she has reached menopause when a full year has passed since her last menstrual cycle.
Natural menopause is a condition that every healthy woman will experience as she reaches middle age, typically between the ages of 35-59. It is a natural, gradual process that occurs when a woman’s ovaries produce less estrogen and progesterone, and her lifetime supply of eggs becomes depleted.
Perimenopause describes the time when a woman’s body transitions from her fertile, child-bearing years into middle age. During this natural transition, the body undergoes biologic changes resulting from declining ovarian hormone production.
Benefits of Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy for Women:
- Helps restore optimal hormonal balance to the body
- Menopause symptoms may go away
- Helps restore bone density and reduce the risk of Osteoporosis
- Reduces vaginal dryness
- Helps eliminate hot flashes
- May help improve sleep patterns
- May help reduce the risk of heart disease
- Supports muscle strength and maintenance
- May help improve memory and concentration
- May help slow down the aging process overall
- May help improve healthy cholesterol levels
- May help enhance sex drive and libido
- Can reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s
- Helps reduce night sweats
- Helps restore normal sleep patterns
- Provides balanced state for healthy fat-burning due to increased lean muscle mass
- May increases stamina, energy and endurance
- May help protect against Fibrocystic Breasts
- May help reduce endometrial and breast cancer
- May help with Depression
- Helps improve blood flow
- May help decrease inflammation and joint pain
- May help improve skin elasticity
- May help normalize blood sugar levels
- Supports immune function
- May help increase productivity and creativity in personal life
Women, if you feel you are suffering from any or all of these symptoms, it’s a possibility that you are suffering from either Menopause or Perimenopause. Both are hormonal imbalances that many women suffer from as they age and their hormones decline. Please discuss these symptoms with your physician so you can have your hormone levels tested and find out if Bioidentical Hormone Replacement is right for YOUR needs.
We now accept most major health insurance for diagnostic testing!
LIFEFORCE Medical Institute and its age management systems for men and women have been featured in the following media: